Location: Sioux Falls, SD
This position provides a variety of customer service transactions and provides prompt, courteous and friendly service. This position is often the primary person with whom many customers interact. This position requires the ability to handle numerous duties, often simultaneously, while maintaining attention to detail and security, and while projecting a positive, friendly and professional demeanor.
Major Position Functions
- Ensure positive public perceptions of the Bank by extending a courteous greeting and welcome to the customer and visitors entering the bank.
- Perform basic and advanced teller functions, which may include but are not limited to the processing of customer deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, credit card advances, and payments according to the established procedures.
- Cash checks, money orders and cashier's checks according to established procedures.
- Sell cashier's checks, money orders, travel cards and gift cards according to established procedures.
- Process and log the night depository transactions under dual control.
- Monitor accounts for stop payments, kiting suspects, check alerts and any other suspicious activities.
- Accept and verify information relating to the opening of new DDA, SAV, and COS accounts in accordance with the Bank's procedures and guidelines.
- Order checks and perform new account maintenance and follow-up.
- Determine if applicant qualifies for an ATM/Debit card, issue new cards and perform maintenance on customer cards, as needed.
- Support the Bank's sales objectives and campaigns by cross-selling basic products of by referring customers to other Bank employees responsible for closing the sale.
- Protect the Bank's financial interests by controlling and balancing the assigned cash drawer and negotiable instruments received and disbursed. Maintain an acceptable balancing record.
- Adhere to compliance and security procedures and participate in required compliance training sessions.
- Submit daily work through an electronic proof system as well as be responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the proof computer system and proof machine.
- High school diploma, associate degree, or equivalent Retail and/or Sales experience.
- Minimum of 1 year cash handling experience.
- Minimum of 1 year customer service experience
- 1+ years of banking experience preferred
- Accurate keyboard and 10 key skills
- Balance cash drawer with 100% accuracy at least 95% of the time
- Working knowledge of all bank products and services
- Strong sales, communication, cross-selling, mathematical, decision-making, customer service and analytical skills.
- Initiative/self starter. Strong desire to build relationships.
- Sales oriented, outgoing and professional personality
- Excellent written, verbal/nonverbal and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to stand on feet for an extended period of time. Ability to lift up to 50lbs (in the form of bagged coin).
For more information about this position please contact:
Greg Harrell-Senior Vice President at 1-800-823-6365 or (605) 275-5000 between the hours of 9:00am and 5:00pm, Monday through Friday.